HOW TO SIMPLIFY YOUR FILE RELOCATION WHEN MOVING TO A NEW OFFICE
Whether you are moving a few large filing cabinets or an entire file room, it’s important to have a plan in place to get your records from one place to another in an orderly fashion.
If you have filing systems that are not permanent fixtures in your building, many people just lock up the drawers and move the filled cabinets, but these can be very heavy and this doesn’t keep your items from being jarred or jostled around in transit, which means loosely packed hanging files can easily fall or spill within the drawers.
Other times, business owners find themselves purchasing bankers boxes, loading them up with all the files and then sorting and reorganizing the files at their new building, a task that can take a significant amount of time.
Internal File Relocation
This is ideal for office moves, relocating active records to archive storage facilities and more. Whether you’re relocating files to a new office, or from one storage area or warehouse to another, our trained and insured staff is here to help.
File Relocation services are available for a variety of organizations including:
- Businesses and professional services companies
- Libraries and Archival Facilities
- Healthcare Facilities and more
External File Relocations
If your company is looking to relocate files off-site and out of your active file storage areas, Augusta Data Storage will pick up files for secure transport and refiling at your new location. Additionally, we offer secure off-site storage solutions in our warehouse facility.
Why Secure Records Moving Matters
Your daily operations have internal procedures in place to safeguard the identities of your company, your employees, and your clientele. Whenever you move a workplace, these procedures move from the window, especially when you have confidential records being removed from secured storage closets and file rooms. Bear in mind that your business is ultimately responsible for those records throughout the move. Should they’re lost or stolen, your company may suffer from significant losses due to theft or, worse, a client’s identity theft. Appropriate preparation and using a professional workplace is the sole means to mitigate those risks.
For those who haven’t been keeping track of your records that are confidential, it’s vital to bring a thorough inventory as soon as possible. Doing a listing enables you to choose which records you must move to the new office, which files may be transferred to storage, and then records can be destroyed. Taking an inventory helps you not just save costs-since you’re simply moving the records you need-but also can help limit the chance associated with moving records that are confidential. Create a detailed inventory of each and every album, then schedule the records you’re able to remove for secure shredding. Bear in mind that lots of records will need to be kept forever based on your industry as well as also the kinds of records you’re required to keep.
A secure chain-of-custody is the sole means to guard your files along with your company during your office relocation. This entails employing multiple safety checks, including:
- Using seals to shut off records
- Meticulous tracking processes
- Limiting Use of the records to one employee
- After all regulatory compliance requirements for secure Chain of Custody moves
The Office Moving Process
Typically, companies appoint a manager to oversee the moving project. This leader assumes command of all issues related to the office relocation efforts. A moving coordinator from the moving company works directly with this manager to arrange the details of the move.
In most cases a standard office moving procedure works well:
- Quote: Once you contact Great Guys, we’ll put you in touch with local moving companies who can service your move. These office moving specialists typically provide a moving coordinator to discuss your needs and provide an estimate for services.
- Walkthrough: After the initial phone call or email exchange, the moving coordinator will contact your point person to schedule a walkthrough. During this walkthrough, the coordinator visually inspects both locations with the manager from your office. The coordinator makes a note of any unique challenges that may arise during the relocation and ensures everyone understands any specific needs. For example, the coordinator will jot down details about freight elevator availability and usage restrictions, the desired floor plan, and timeline for the move. Together, you’ll make sure the logistics are ironed out to help minimize the disruption to your daily course of business.
- Packing: Either employees or movers break down and pack up workstations and equipment. Most companies prefer employees pack the contents of their desks and ask the movers to drop off pre-labeled crates or boxes at each cubicle or office for employees to use. Employees pack these a day or two before the move; then the moving company transfers the crate to the assigned desk at the new office. On the day of the move, the movers will begin preparing and packing all furniture, cubicles, desks, and other office equipment. Some commercial movers even have a crew dedicated to packing your electronics, computers and IT systems.
- Labeling: Movers tag boxes and furniture with labels that correspond to areas on the new office floor plan. This system allows for organization and easy sorting and set-up at the destination.
- Moving: The movers physically haul your boxes, furniture, and equipment to your new office using state-of-the-art moving equipment. Most office movers will arrange to move things after business hours – either overnight or over the weekend – to keep disruptions to a minimum.
- Unpacking: From rebuilding cubicles to setting out boxes at each employee’s desk, movers handle the setup to get your employees back to work as soon as possible. Specialized moving crews may even help get the phone lines and IT infrastructure back up and running.
SERVICES YOU CAN EXPECT WHEN HIRING A PROFESSIONAL MOVING COMPANY:
Building to Building Relocation Services:
No matter how big or small your office is, professional office movers have the perfect plan, strategy, and equipment to get the job done.
The ability to perform local and long distance moves almost anywhere.
Internal relocation services:
It doesn’t matter if it’s just a single office that needs to be shifted, or even an entire floor set up elsewhere, professional movers can work with your company to get it completed.
Receive Assistance with planning and phasing of internal moves
- Disassembly and re-assembly of furniture during a location move, which includes shelves, desks, conference tables and plenty more.
- Re-configuration of cubicles during an office move.
- Wall-mounting services
- Packing and unpacking services for libraries, file rooms, etc.
With these great services just a call away, there is no reason why you should not hire Able Moving & Storage for your business relocation. When you work with our experienced and knowledgeable office movers, you are working with highly trained professionals that have the proper equipment suited for all kinds of situations.
Boxless Office Moving
Boxless moving is really a brand new fad in file room relocations. Even the best office movers use a boxless system which involves specially designed gondolas (essentially secure book-shelves on wheels) in the place of conventional file boxes. All these gondolas may be loaded even more quickly than conventional boxes, in addition to maintain files in order during transport. Businesses do not need to waste time looking for boxes and by hand placing files back in order. Everything is stored and proceeded because it’d be on the shelves at the office. A boxless move empowers your company :
- Safe all of private documents before, during, and after your office proceed
- Save on time and reduce the frustration associated with the older way of transferring file chambers, and Reduce the amount of downtime Brought on by the move
- Save on the cost of transferring, as You won’t require boxes or personnel to spend hours (or days, depending on how big your own office) unloading and loading boxes
Box less relocation handled by professional office movers really are simple, fast, cheap, and hassle-free. Choosing a reputable file room moving company like Admiral exemptions ensures minimum downtime, maximum security, and the least amount of liability from the approach.